Our Virtual Summer Show – open on 11 July
This year our virtual summer show consists of galleries of photographs to be displayed on this page of our website. There is one gallery for each of the classes below – click on the green links to see the pictures.
Entries will be for fun and there will be no judging. A maximum of two entries is allowed per class.
- Mixed flowers, 7 stems at least two kinds
- Any size plate of mixed soft fruit
- A display of three different types of vegetables, any number of each
- Five tomatoes of any one variety
- Longest and shortest runner bean – photograph your entry with a ruler/tape measure alongside
- Potato in a Bucket – photograph your potatoes together with an A4 sheet displaying the weight in kg/g, and ideally include yourself in the photo
- Jam jar of flowers
- Floral art – ‘From the Garden’, an arrangement of flowers and foliage in a vase
- Chocolate cake – any size from cup cake upwards, decorated/filled as you choose
- An animal made from packaging e.g. egg boxes, loo roll inners, cardboard (for 16 years of age and under) – no entries
- Hand-made card or drawing on theme of ‘Thank you NHS/Key workers’ – no entries
- Photography of ‘Life under Lockdown’ – funny or serious
How to enter
Photograph your entry in landscape (‘horizontal’) format.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name, a note of which class you are entering and, if you wish, a title for your entry. (You can also post your entries on Facebook or Twitter but please tag the ULRHS so we can see them – @UpLRHS and @ULRHS respectively.)
Submissions should be made between Monday 6 July and Wednesday 8 July.
The galleries will be live on the Society website at 1pm on Saturday 11 July – when we’d normally open the gates to the real show!