Provisional schedule for 2021
Below are details of our programme of member events and outings through to early 2021. Non-members are warmly welcomed at our physical events for a £3 fee each time, unless otherwise stated.
The venue for our meetings is Uplyme Village Hall, Lyme Road, Uplyme, Lyme Regis, DT7 3UY (unless otherwise specified).
Directions: the Village Hall is in Uplyme on the B3165 between Hunters Lodge and Lyme Regis. Driving from Hunters Lodge, the hall is on the right after the mini roundabout and the filling station. There is parking in front of or behind the hall.
All events are subject to government COVID restrictions, which change regularly. The site will be updated regularly as we have new information.
- **NEW** January 13th (Wednesday) – Marmalade matters
Join at 7pm for a 7.15pm start
Are you a marmalade maker or a marmalade eater? Of course you are.
In which case you’ll be interested in our marmalade-themed Zoom evening. Led by World Marmalade Awards judge Pam Corbin, this evening will be your chance to find out everything you ever wanted to know about marmalade. There will be a Marmalade Question Time, you’ll learn what makes a truly world-class marmalade, and we’ll even extend our marmalade theme to plants and gardens. The programme is still being developed but make a note of the date. Further scrumptious information to follow.
- January 27th 2021 (Wednesday) 7 for 7.15pm
Zoom online 60-minute workshop
‘Grow your own happiness’ with Alan Heeks. A workshop to show how gardening methods can be adapted to improve your wellbeing and resilience, including a chance to try out some techniques. Just what we need in difficult times.
- April 28th 2021 (Wednesday) 7 for 7.15pm Zoom online talk
‘British Owls, their Natural History and Practical Conservation’ by Chris Sperring.
- May 15th 2021 (Saturday) Plant Sale, Uplyme Village Hall
Further details about how this will be run will follow in due course but please note the date in your diary.
- June 11th 2021 (Friday) Own cars trip to Corscombe House/Harvard Farm.
- June 23rd 2021 (Wednesday) Talk ‘The Scented Garden’ by Jeremy Wilson.
- June 30th (Wednesday) Evening visit in own cars to Musbury Barton.
- July 10th 2021 (Saturday) 1-5pm Summer Flower and Produce Fair, Uplyme Village Hall
We hope to stage our delayed summer show with its theme of ‘Lavender’.
- July 23rd (Friday) Own cars trip to Corscombe House/Harvard Farm. (The interest in this trip, had it run in 2020, was so high that we’ve arranged a second date.)
- September 15th (Wednesday) Talk ‘Revive your garden’ by Nick Bailey, Gardeners’ World presenter and former head gardener at the Chelsea Physic Garden. Nick will talk about how to breathe life, style and good health back into tired gardens. This will be a ticketed event.
Find out more
Members should be receiving invitations to events by email and a monthly newsletter. If you are not receiving these (and have not unsubscribed from our emails) please contact Lois Wakeman (email@example.com). If you change your email address please contact our membership secretary Anita Routley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that all events are subject to change and cancellation, depending upon prevailing Covid-19 restrictions. Details of all events from May onwards are to be confirmed.
We hope to add extra events to this schedule as the year progresses and if we are able to resume face-to-face talks.
You should check the monthly email newsletter and this website for the latest information. Jo Benke-Smith is the chair of our trips and talks group and may be contacted on email@example.com / 07504 442219.